Apr 1, 2011






















Just got back from a long weekend in China.  The plane ride actually wasn't too bad, even though it was a little longer than normal as we took a wide berth around the Hell on Earth that is Japan right now.  My coworker caught yellow fever before we even got off the plane, and proposed to our waitress at breakfast the first day.  Beijing's pretty interesting, a clash of old and new, incredibly smoggy, and home to the most skilled drivers I've ever seen.  Millions of cars, all ignoring the lane markers, merging at speed, and I only saw one minor fender bender.
Over all it was a cool trip.  One free day and two shoot days.  I almost got blown off the Great Wall from the gale force winds.  We only lasted about 45 minutes before we made a hasty retreat.  We weren't expecting it to be below freezing, and hypothermia was quickly setting in.
Not to mention the sweet knockoff Burberry scarfs I got at the silk market.  I was so close to having a custom suit made for $200, but there wasn't enough time.  Next time, for sure.  My visa is good for a year, so hopefully I can go back and have more time to absorb the culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment